Looking for a new construction home and want to save money? Work with a Genius Agent and we will give a portion of our commissions, up to $5,000, back to you in the form of a cash rebate. This only applies to new construction homes and is subject to lender approval (which normally is not a problem).
WARNING: YOU MUST REGISTER FOR OUR CASH REBATE PROGRAM BELOW AND YOU MUST HAVE A GENIUS AGENT ACCOMPANY YOU TO THE BUILDER ON YOUR FIRST VISIT AND DURING CONTRACT NEGOTIATION.
Why would you do this?
First, keep in mind everything in real estate is negotiable, but the most common commission we as REALTORs earn is 3% of the sales price of the home. However, our email inbox is constantly being filled with offers of bonuses, 4%, 5% even 6% or more from new home builders begging us to bring our clients in and sell one of their homes. We get these from over 41 local builders like D.R. Horton, Lennar Homes, Armadillo Homes, Perry Homes, David Weekly Homes, KB Homes, Meritage Homes, M/I Homes and the list goes on and on. We are used to earning 3% and we don’t mind passing on a substantial portion of this bonus to you. We will give you the highest level of service and save you money at the same time.
How does this work?
There are 2 different scenarios.
1. The builder is offering us a Bonus, an extra lump sum over the General commission. Your Genius Agent will rebate to you our customer 90% of the bonus up to $5,000.
2. The builder is not offering us a bonus and we are earning a 3% commission. Your Genius Agent will rebate to you our customer 20% of our commission earned. For example:
Sales Price: $300,000
Buyer’s Agent commission percentage 3%
Commission received by Genius Realty $9,000
Your rebate percentage 20%
Your rebate $1,800.
How will I know which homes have a bonus?
We will keep a list of current bonuses on New Construction Deals page under each builder.
Why use Genius Realty at all? I think I can get a better deal if I just tell the builder just take what you would normally pay my REALTOR off the price of the home.
1. Builders won’t do this. It’s a fact, Builders will never give you a better deal when you go it alone. With most builders the agent commission comes from the builder’s marketing budget, not the proceeds of the home.
2. The new home consultant at the model home is working for the builder. It is their job to get the best deal they possibly can, for the builder, not you the buyer. Don’t expect the builders rep to inform you of important information you need to determine what is a fair price for the home. Doesn’t is seem more fair for you to have someone who is (at least) as knowledgable about real estate as that new home consultant. Do you know as much as that highly trained new home consultant? Your Genius Agent will work on your behalf to get you the best possible deal. Your Genius Agent has access to data you would not have access to by yourself. With this data your Genius Agent will be able to determine what others have actually paid for their houses. What they paid for upgrades, etc. Real Data. This is the only way you know for sure you not overpaying for the home. One of the favorite strategies of a new home builder is to mark up their homes dramatically on the front end, then offer a big discount to the buyer. That way the buyer thinks they are really getting a great deal, but in reality, they still might have overpaid by $30K. The buyer walks away believing “I really beat them up because they came down $20,000”. But if the home was overpriced by $50,000 to begin with, what does that tell you.
3. Not only is our job to make sure you get the best possible fair market price for your new home, We are there to make the process go smooth, help find the best possible finance (often it’s better to use a third party finance option over the builders in-house lender) and to make sure everyone is being honest and playing by the rules. Even with new homes it’s important to have an inspection and someone who knows the process to look out for you. It’s very common for buyers without representation to get trampled on, lost in the shuffle or have their dreams of new home ownerhip killed or delayed by mistakes along the way. We are here to look out for you to make sure that does not happen.
Why the $5,000 limit?
Above $5,000 it becomes harder to get lender approval for.
Register for the New Construction Cash Rebate program. Your information will never be used, abused, sold or stolen. It will only be used as a method of Genius Realty communicating with you.